If you have a child ages 5-12 who loves K'NEX, here is an opportunity to use their K'NEX building skills to create be entered to win awesome prizes including a $10,000 U.S. savings bond!
Three Grand Prize Winners, one from each age category, will receiv3 $10,000 in U.S. savings bonds for college! The three age categories are 5-6 years old, 7-8 years old and 9-12 years old.
7 additional finalists will each receive $1,000 in U.S. savings bonds for college! All ten K'NEXpert finalists will receive these Fun & Exciting Prizes!
- A K'NEX Building Set Prize Package worth $500! (That's $500 of FREE K'NEX Building Sets!)
- A trip for three to New York City for the K'NEXpert Award Ceremony! Have fun in New York, show off your winning model and meet all the attending 2009 K'NEXperts! **
- Their very own Photo Gallery page at www.knex.com, which we will update throughout the year with pictures and descriptions of their K'NEX creations!
Plus all semifinalists & finalists will receive:
- FREE K'NEX gear, including a t-shirt, keychain and K'NEXpert Panel Member I.D.!
- 25% discount on all K'NEX parts purchased in 2009 on their behalf at K'NEXDirect, the online K'NEX store!
- A special birthday surprise ($50 value)!
- An invitation to tour the K'NEX corporate headquarters, with parents or guardians, to meet the designers and learn how K'NEX is made!
It's So Easy to Enter!
3 Simple Steps to becoming a K'NEXpert!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Use your K'NEX at home or borrow some from a friend! Read the Official Rules and Entry Form for full details! All entries become the property of K'NEX.
Step 1: Build an original K'NEX model that qualifies in at least one of the four categories listed below. This needs to be your own original design. You can enter in one or all of the categories (one model per category). Models will be judged on creativity (50%), uniqueness (25%) and detail (25%).
A. Futuristic (Use your imagination! Space ships, Robots, etc!)
B. Vehicles (Cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc)
C. Amusement Park Thrill Rides
D. Ultimate K'NEX Model Build anything you want! But it must be built with K'NEX Bricks, Standard K'NEX and Micro K'NEX parts (Model must include all 3 types of parts)
Step 2: Take pictures of your K'NEX model(s). Make sure that your pictures are no smaller than 4" x 6" and no larger than 8" x 10" in size and that your model is up against a solid white or light blue background. Please send up to three photos per entry.
NOTE: If you are chosen as a K'NEXpert winner, the photo entries you submit will be the first photos that we will put up on your web page. So make sure they're good ones!
Step 3: We'd love to know more about your model! Either in a one-minute video (VCR or DVD), or in writing, tell us:
(1) How you came up with the idea for your model; (2) How long it took you to build; and, (3) How many K'NEX pieces you used to build your model. (Please don't use a "real world" trademarked name - that belongs to someone else. Make up your own cool name for your creation!)