We took the time to chat with a member of the TOMS team to learn more about this innovative and socially conscious company.
1. What is the inspiration behind the new Wrap Boot?
The TOMS Wrap Boot is inspired by the colorful leg wraps worn by Argentine Polo horses. Blake authored a short story that tells the tale of a newly-wed young woman who, to win back the attention of her Polo champion husband, wrapped her legs with the brilliant elastic creating a sassy, flirtatious look. Read the full story and see the looks here!
2. Tell us what happens on a typical "Shoe Drop Tour".
An Argentina Shoe Drop Tour is a group experience where volunteers hand-place matched pairs of TOMS Shoes on children's feet and explore some of the country's most intriguing neighborhoods and activities.
3. How can our readers get involved in the TOMS movement?
- Buy TOMS and wear them daily - share the One for One movement with everyone you meet!
- Stay connected through our emails, Facebook, MySpace, or Twitter
- Share the documentary: YouTube.com/TOMSshoes
- Be part of the TOMS family by applying for an internship on your campus, at TOMS HQ, or on the road as a TOMS Vagabond
- Apply to go on a TOMS Shoe Drop Tour
4. What are the various ways an individual can make a difference?
Know that as a consumer you can choose products that offer sustainability, giving, and positivity at their core. TOMS guarantees that for every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of shoes to a child in need. One for One. In the end, "the more you give, the more you live!"
5. What can our readers look forward to in the upcoming collections for TOMS shoes?
TOMS remains true to the classic lines of the Argentine alpargata shoe, but you can look forward to fresh new variations this summer and laces this fall!
Coupon Code: TOMSbday valid for 5% off at www.TOMSshoes.com and expires 5/15/09.